MetService keeps people informed, 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year. With a global reputation for using science and technology to help customers and the public navigate the impacts of the weather, MetService is recognised as a diverse and inclusive employer with our people contributing passionately to the core purpose of helping people stay safe and make informed decisions.
Our changing climate, increasing impacts from weather and changes in the way the public consume weather information means that the way MetService engages in the future will continue to evolve.
About the role
This role is an excellent opportunity to develop your accounting career within a supportive team environment. You will be reporting to and working closely with the Finance Manager who will support your career growth!
You will be working with a range of internal and external stakeholders and get exposure to a wide range of responsibilities and projects including, but not limited to:
- Manage the financial processes, compliance, and tax requirements for international subsidiaries
- Manage end to end processing of fixed assets, work in progress and IFRS 16 leases
- Ensure accurate and timely month end close, including balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare indirect tax returns (FBT and GST), Statistics NZ returns and Crown reporting
- Assist with year-end audit and reporting requirements
What you need to be successful in the role
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role and be CA qualified (or working towards your CA)
- Previous exposure to the application of NZ IFRS in practice
- Practical knowledge of accounts payable/receivable, fixed assets and lease processes
- You are a team player, you love process improvement, and you meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical, communication, and Excel and time management skills
Why join us?
We enjoy achieving, we appreciate creativity, and we recognise everyone’s unique skills and qualities. We encourage flexible working and believe in giving back to our communities through company volunteer days. This allows us to be passionate about what we do; and to deliver products and services that have positive outcomes for our commercial customers and the people of Aotearoa, New Zealand.
We are an Approved Training Employer (ATE) and training will be provided, in addition to ongoing CPD and payment of annual accounting membership (CA ANZ or CPA).
Please click ‘Apply Now’ to be considered for the role.
For more information about the role please see, the position description.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: Friday, 3 February 2023
- 18 Jan 2023
- Work Type:
- Permanent - full time
- North Island