For over 150 years MetService has kept New Zealanders informed, 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year. With a global reputation for using science and technology to creatively solve weather challenges and deliver scientific meteorological services and products, MetService has been recognised as one of New Zealand’s most trusted public-sector organisations.
We are seeking an experienced and resourceful electronics technician to join our maintenance team based at Paraparaumu. As one of the team, you will be maintaining automatic weather stations and other data acquisition systems at sites throughout New Zealand and its outlying islands.
What do you need to be successful?
- Be resourceful, motivated, and able to either work alone or as part of a team in a variety of environments, including remote sites
- Have proven experience in installing and maintaining a wide range of electronics equipment, including:
- Computer and Microprocessor-based data acquisition systems
- Data and radio communication equipment
- Have an excellent working knowledge of PC systems
- Have an aptitude for maintaining mechanical systems
- Be able and willing to undertake extensive travel, often on short notice, throughout New Zealand. Occasional travel to the Pacific Islands and beyond may also be required.
- Hold Electrical Service Technician registration
Why join us? We enjoy achieving, we appreciate creativity, and we recognise everyone’s unique skills and qualities. This allows us to be passionate about what we do; and to deliver products and services that have positive outcomes for our commercial customers and the people of New Zealand.
How to apply?
To apply for the role, please click "Apply Now".
For more information about the role please see the position description.
Applications close: Friday, 3 February 2023
- 17 Jan 2023
- Work Type:
- Permanent - full time
- North Island