General Manager, Products & Partnerships
For over 150 years MetService has kept New Zealanders informed, 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year. With a global reputation for using science and technology to creatively solve weather challenges, MetService is recognised as a diverse and inclusive employer with a broad range of roles, skills and people contributing passionately to the core purpose of saving lives and preserving property.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the General Manager Products and Partnerships will be responsible for the overall product strategy and execution from conception to launch through collaborating with customers, partners and colleagues.
Key focus areas will be:
- lead the production of smart product designs, good user experiences, and next generation user interfaces.
- draw on data and insights, to ensure a best-in-class experience and products that match market needs and align with MetService’s overall strategy
- oversee customer experience quality throughout the product development lifecycle
- lead the business in the identification and management of strategic partnership opportunities
- leadership of a diverse technical group
- promoting and leading a passionate customer-focussed culture
- working closely with the General Manager Sales to ensure delivery of a compelling suite of customer-centric, profitable products.
The successful candidate will bring a proven track-record in successfully translating high-level strategy into actionable goals for product and development teams. Ideally, they will have a deep understanding of modern product frameworks and methodologies that are focussed on user-centric metrics and customer experience.
The candidate will understand the importance of differentiating by solving a problem instead of simply trying to create a solution. An inspiring and collaborative people leadership approach is a prerequisite.
Although experience in a related scientific or technical field is advantageous it is not essential. Knowledge of developing automated products and services that leverage digital technologies to provide a scalable and repeatable sales platform would be valued.
This is an exciting time to join MetService in a key pivotal leadership role.
This search process is being managed by Rothley Partners on MetService’s behalf.
To apply, please send your CV to CV@rothley.co.nz. Alternatively, to find out more please contact Sean at Rothley on 04 931 6600 or 021 712 891.
Applications close Thursday the 31st May 2018.
The role is New Zealand based, with a preference for Wellington.
- 9 May 2018
- North Island