General Manager Sales
For over 150 years MetService has kept New Zealanders informed, 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year. With a global reputation for using science and technology to creatively solve weather challenges, MetService is recognised as a diverse and inclusive employer with a broad range of roles, skills and people contributing passionately to the core purpose of saving lives and preserving property.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the General Manager Sales will be responsible for driving international sales efforts and revenue growth. With responsibility for generating new business and retaining existing customers, the role is responsible for shaping the sales strategy and leading a sales team that sells weather services and products internationally.
Key focus areas will be:
- spearheading high-value customer acquisition and retention activities
- leading the business in the development and delivery of effective sales strategies
- developing new, and deepening established relationships with clients and strategic partners
- leading, developing and driving a high performing global sales team responsible for selling weather related products and services
- using market and sales data effectively to ensure that resources are deployed to maximise ROI and ensure that pursuit decisions are well informed
- promoting and leading a passionate customer-focussed culture
- working closely with the General Manager Products and Partnerships to deliver a compelling suite of customer-centric, profitable products.
The successful candidate will bring a proven track-record in solution selling and a structured and disciplined approach to sales management that ensures resources are deployed into high value activities and through appropriate channels. Ideally, they will have proven experience in a transformational leadership role where there is a need to balance the achievement of short-term financial performance with sustainable long-term growth.
Although knowledge of meteorology would be advantageous, candidates with relevant international sales leadership experience in a scientific or technical field would be encouraged to apply. Knowledge of leveraging digital technologies to provide a scalable and repeatable sales platform and/or selling high-value consultancy services into industries that rely on weather information would be of some value.
The role is New Zealand based, with a preference for Wellington.
This search process is being managed by Rothley Partners on MetService’s behalf.
To apply, please send your CV to CV@rothley.co.nz. Alternatively, to find out more please contact Sean at Rothley on 04 931 6600 or 021 712 891.
Applications close Thursday the 31st of May 2018.
- 9 May 2018
- North Island